• Do You Need Renters Insurance?

    Posted on 19 April, 2017

    Did you know that two out of three Australians who are renting their home don’t have contents insurance and even less people have cover for their rent?

    insurance for renters

    Without adequate insurance, could you afford to replace your belongings if there was a fire at your home, or if someone broke in? Could you afford to replace your laptop, TV, furniture, clothing, gaming consoles, jewellery, appliances/white goods, and everything else you own all in one go?

    Even if you could afford it, would you want to fork out that much cash?

    What would happen if your house burnt down and that fire spread to the house next door? Would you be able to cover the cost of their damage, and personal liabilities if people got injured in the fire if it is due to your fault?

    If you’re forking out a large chunk of your pay cheque each week to pay your rent, what would you do if you got sick, or were injured and couldn’t work? Would you be able to pay your rent?

    These questions are confronting, but they’re also incredibly important. While many of us watch the news each night and hear about house fires, robberies and accidents, most of us adopt the ‘it will never happen to me’ attitude – but what if it did?

    Even if your landlord covers the building insurance, they don’t cover you for any of the cases listed above. This is why every renter needs to think about taking out a rental insurance policy. Keep in mind, however, that a comprehensive package protects more than just your physical belongings; it should also include legal liability cover, and sick leave coverage.

    Introducing Donnelly Insurance Brokers 3-way Cover Package for Renters

    We understand how important it is for renters to protect their assets, and to be prepared for if something bad does happen, which is why we’ve put together a comprehensive Home Renters’ 3-way Protection cover with our authorised distributors. This policy includes:


    1. Rental protection: to ensure you can keep a roof over your head if you can’t work due to an accident or sickness. Plus, you can add cover for your other regular living expenses to protect your family’s lifestyle.
    2. Home contents comprehensive cover: either at the insured place of residence, or away from home
    3. Legal liability cover: will protect you financially from injury to someone else, or damage to other people’s property should something be your fault. For example, if your BBQ cooking starts a fire which spreads to your neighbours’ property, you’ll be covered for damages to their property and if they get injured in the fire.

    If you want to protect your way of life with pay-by-the-month insurance, visit www.donnellys.com.au, or talk to one of our insurance brokers today on

    (08) 8236 7777.

  • Leave a Reply

    Recent Post